Friday, April 4, 2008

Lost Highway

In response to the prompt on Writer's Island on April 4, 2008

I have always enjoyed driving on roads and err, finding my way to the destination. Few years back, my company physically changed its location. For my first day to work at the new location, I took the printouts of the directions both in text and graphical form. I also had my cell phone charged to full incase I need to call H for help. I had to take a highway and then lots of country roads. My office was located on the road named "King George Road". After few phone calls and mid way to my destination, I saw a turn for King George Road. I was surprised as I thought I had another 15 miles to go. I took the turn thinking I had discovered a shorter route. After a long curvy trail and couple of turns, the road finally ended in an apartment complex with no outlet. I was trying to figure out how to get back to the highway, when I saw a nice lady taking out her car. I approached her and she told me the way to get back on the highway. Understanding that I had completely lost my way, she took something from her bag saying "This would definitely help you find your way." I thought she was really kind enough to give me a map when she handed me a sacred book.

Maybe I should have told her that I was physically and not spiritually lost.

13 comments:

Whitesnake said...

They say "God works in mysterious ways!"

But what would I know....... :-)

anthonynorth said...

Maybe she was hoping for a miracle to help you out :-)

Richard Wells said...

I'm chuckling at the story, and the comments because I was thinking the same thing. Your lady probably figured better safe than sorry. What was the text, by the way?

paisley said...

you must have appeared more lost to her than you realized!!!!

Jaya said...

WhiteSnake: Do you think I do ? :) :)

AnthonyNorth: I think I need a miracle wverything I lose my way.. :)

RWellsRWells: Are you asking about the sacred book?

Paisley: Seems so. The prompt looks so approriate. While losing my way on a road highway, someone actually thought I have lost the life's highway.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Any opportunity to save a lost soul I guess. No matter what kind of "lost" it may be.

Jeques said...

Joy,

You could take it both ways. Wisdom comes in many different language and it spoke to you that moment in a quite strange way. I hope you comprehend the message it gave you.

I wish you well.

~ Jeques

Rambler said...

oh I liked the way lady gave you the sacred book, her intent to save a lost person is a very rare virtue these days

KBDGR8EST said...

Wow! Godsend- for the wrong reasons- but welcome!

Tumblewords: said...

Love this piece! Being lost brings lots of experience!

little wing writer said...

i never met a book i didn't like...

rebecca said...

perhaps she mistook your "directions" for "salvation." :)

oh my, but then, God does work in mysterious ways and he has, as I have experienced, a sense of humor! i'm all for any kind of help i can get when "lost."

i enjoyed this....

aMus said...

heh..heh...j, i wish i could have seen your face then...

your good samaritan was quite god inspired...

:) :) :)