Friday, May 18, 2018

The Boots





In response to Friday Fictioneer - May 18 2018
(https://rochellewisoff.com/)







"I need to stop her from donating those."

Those boots belonged to her father, the best man to me. He used to walk me and talk to me daily.  I listened to all his work problems. Though I could never reply, I know I told him all his solutions.

I gave him the idea that made his book the best seller on Amazon.

I heard footsteps. Slowly I moved my paws and finally got my tail and rear legs stuck into the boots.

"Look Mommy, Puss in Boots!", her daughter screamed running towards me.

11 comments:

Luccia Gray at Rereading Jane Eyre said...

Great ending! An inspirational cat. My dog, now passed away, used to sit with me while I wrote and I'm sure she gave me a few ideas, too...

Susan A Eames said...

Sweet story. I liked the way you used the photo prompt to give us an idea on how the Puss in Boots story might have happened. :)

Susan A Eames at
Travel, Fiction and Photos

Linda said...

There are fairy tale characters all over the prompt this week. Really cute idea.

Ms W said...

Loved the ending!

Keith's Ramblings said...

That's really lovely, especially the final few words.

Welcome to Keith's Ramblings!

Penny Gadd said...

I love that story. I have three cats, and they're always a comfort and inspiration.

liz young said...

I hope Puss's ploy paid off.

Donna B. McNicol said...

Loved it!

Jaya said...

@Luccia, Pets are great that way :)

@Susan, Thanks. Glad you liked it.

@Linda, yes :) some prompts call out for fairy tale characters easily.

@Ms W, Thanks :)

@Keith's Rambling, Glad it worked for you.

@Penny Gadd, Pets are amazing

@Liz Young, I hope so too :)

@Donna, Thanks.

Rochelle Wisoff-Fields said...

Dear Jaya,

Nope, she can't donate those boots. Love the story from the puss's point of view. Very clever.

Shalom,

Rochelle

Dale said...

That was a fun take, indeed.