Friday, May 11, 2018

The Photograph




In response to the Friday Fictioneer May 11 2018 
(https://rochellewisoff.com/)



"I can't believe you did not think about this?", she exclaimed annoyingly.

"Wait, I am sure I will make it work", he said assuringly.

"You are expecting a treasury board having perfect eyesight to grant funds for developing cheap eyeglasses for $2?"

"This will be a huge hit in the developing countries. We would really help people to see."

"Sure, if you can get some help from the board", she replied gingerly.

He held the photograph and smiled," This will do."

On the photograph was printed, "Would you enjoy the Empire State if you saw it like this?"

12 comments:

Keith's Ramblings said...

I must admit I cleaned my glasses when I first saw the photo! An original take indeed.

Welcome to Keith's Ramblings!

Iain Kelly said...

An original take and very well done indeed.

Luccia Gray at Rereading Jane Eyre said...

Original take on the prompt!

Penny Gadd said...

I like that take on the prompt. Refreshing to see the photo's deficiencies being used as the story's twist.

Susan A Eames said...

I liked that! Clever and different!

Susan A Eames at
Travel, Fiction and Photos

Rochelle Wisoff-Fields said...

Dear Jaya,

That should give the board something to think about. It makes me wonder how much of a markup there is on eye wear. The costs are outrageous. Good take on the prompt.

Shalom,

Rochelle

Dale said...

What a great take on the prompt... And pretty brilliant of them...

Linda said...

What a creative take for this prompt. Really brilliant.

lisarey1990@gmail.com said...

Very clever take on the prompt.

brudberg said...

I wonder too... but providing a inexpensive ways for people to see should be interesting...

Unknown said...

Very unique take on the prompt. Well done.

Jaya said...

Thank You All. It was fun writing it :)